[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Revised draft recommendations - 2-character letter-letter combinations in ASCII and country and territory names
Nick.Wenban-Smith at nominet.uk
Tue Aug 21 11:05:00 UTC 2018
Many thanks for sending these round ahead of the call tomorrow Emily.
From my perspective, these are in great shape now, and I’d be happy to see these go on to the initial report. It will be very interesting to see the broader community feedback on the ‘translations into any language’ questions.
From: Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5 <gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5-bounces at icann.org> On Behalf Of Emily Barabas
Sent: 20 August 2018 15:23
To: gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5 at icann.org
Subject: [Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Revised draft recommendations - 2-character letter-letter combinations in ASCII and country and territory names
Dear Work Track 5 members,
In advance of the call this coming Wednesday 22 August at 20:00 UTC, the leadership team is sharing revised draft recommendations on 2-character letter-letter combinations in ASCII and country and territory names. These revisions will be discussed on Wednesday’s call. Feedback is encouraged on the mailing list prior to the call.
The following is a summary of the changes since the last version:
* Added summary/introductory text on the first page to provide context and clarify the purpose of the document.
* Removed language about consensus calls for the moment, so that the group can focus of the content of the draft recommendations.
* Clarified in the text of recommendations 1-8 that the recommendations apply to the top level only.
* Removed reference to translations from recommendations 3, 4, and 6 for the moment. Since there is currently a range of views on the issue of translations, the leadership team suggests including a question in the Initial Report about this issue (see final section of the attached document for proposed text). Once the group has reviewed community input, the WT can finalize a recommendation on this issue if there is agreement to do so.
* Revised recommendation 7 to clarify the text following feedback on the mailing list.
* Removed the text “the ICANN community may want to consider. . .” from recommendations 2-8, since there does not appear to be agreement on this language. A recommendation 9 has been added, which focuses only on the scope of work for the PDP.
Emily Barabas | Policy Manager
ICANN | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
Email: emily.barabas at icann.org<mailto:emily.barabas at icann.org> | Phone: +31 (0)6 84507976
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5