[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP: Work Track 5 Comments

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 18:48:06 UTC 2018

Thank you Joe for this very informative explanation. For me the most
important summary which I totally agree with, is suggestion #1:

a.      A general preference for non-objection from geo-entities and
curative solutions in policy over preventive solutions for potential
geographic strings; not assuming preferences that more often than not,
don't exist

I think that a lot of valuable contributions have been stifled by "what-if"
arguments that I believe have been barriers for progress for the group. I
note that going into ICANN62, we have been reminded that unless a decision
is made soon by WT5, then the 2012 AGB is the fallback, wasting the major
effort that has been put into this project by a lot of people. I like your
explanations and that they come from someone within the industry who is
able to view impacts of the new gTLDs over the longer term.

My 2c  :)
Maureen