[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Post call | New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 5 – Geographic Names at the Top Level - call | Wednesday, 21 August 2019 at 05:00 UTC

Justine Chew justine.chew at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 07:43:30 UTC 2019

The "loophole" which Alexander brings up aside and focusing squarely on
Sophie's amended proposed text ....

I still don't see the usefulness in adding the amended proposed text. It
may be only me perhaps, but I am concerned by implications to the notion of
excluding a key conditional requirement on applicants for strings matching
non-capital city names *by mere inference*. Simply put, is it really that
difficult for an applicant to declare outright in their application that
they intend to operate the TLD exclusively as a dotBrand *and that they
will not use the TLD  primarily for purposes associated with the city name*
?

Opened to further enlightenment on this point,
Justine
-----