[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Proposed Agenda - Work Track 5 - Wednesday, 12 June 2019 at 20:00 UTC

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:11:50 UTC 2019

Katrina’s suggestion is sensible and relevant to our DNS environment.  The
suggested list will provide predictability and can be made available to
third parties so they are of the protected strings.  I also applaud
Katrina’s rationale:

“This is a very limited addition, can be clearly defined and identical to
the way ICANN processed the Red Cross and IOC names list.”

[NB:  The Red Cross and IOC names (including the recognized translations
and variants have been placed on a list, which was carefully assembled and
vetted by a multistakeholder team with very helpful staff support.]

Jorge,

How would the rationale described above apply to your proposal to afford
protection to capital city names in “all relevant national, regional and
community languages”?  Practically, can it be similarly implemented?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Greg