[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] For review: Work Track 5 report to the full Working Group - deadline for comments Friday 11 October

Alexander Schubert alexander at schubert.berlin
Tue Oct 1 16:32:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

Page 18 “if if” in the 2nd sentence.

In summary I must say the “report” could be shortened to:

“Due to partisan divisions in the working group we have not changed the protection of geo-communities AT ALL – but have kept the 2012 provisions in its entirety”.

I mean: I do not see ANY “change” at all. So many years of hard work – and no evolution of geo community protection AT ALL. Very frustrating.

I have suggested on several occasions that we impose a shelf-life for the signature on the letter of non-objection (e.g. max 3 month prior to application submission); e.g. to avoid a second “.africa” disaster. What about that suggestion?

Thanks,

Alexander