[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] last transfer thoughts

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Mon Apr 21 20:53:15 UTC 2014

Hi All,
I wanted to point out two other transfer scenarios where not publishing
the Whois information of a proxy/privacy customer makes sense and seems
fair:
1) I decide to transfer all my domain names to Blacknight from a US
Registrar and its affiliated proxy/privacy service. In doing so, I sign
up at transfer for Blacknight's proxy/privacy service.  Why shouldn't my
personal data be protected in that transfer -- with the Whois shifting
from one proxy/privacy service provider to another, both with my
underlying personal data?

2) My Registrar loses its accreditation and all domain names are
transferred to Tucows. I sign up right away for Tucows privacy service.
Why should my personal data be published in this already-difficult
situation?  Why should potentially thousands or even millions of
registrants lose their privacy?

Best and tx,
Kathy