[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 22 April 2014 at 1400 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Apr 22 15:04:36 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services
Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 22 April 2014 at
14:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140422-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140422-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar%23mar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#apr

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Luc Seufer - RrSG

Graeme Bunton - RrSG

Tim Ruiz - RrSG

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Kathy Kleiman - RySG

Darcy Southwell - RrSG

Libby Baney - BC

Susan Prosser - RrSG

Justin Macy - BC

Jim Bikoff - IPC

David Heasley - IPC

Michele Neylon - RrSG

Jennifer Standiford - RrSG

James Bladel - RrSG

Volker Greimann - RrSG

Tatiana Khramtsova - RrSG

Paul McGrady - IPC

Tobias Sattler - RrSG

Phil Marano - IPC

Christain Dawson - ISPCP

Don Blumenthal - RySG

Griffin Barnett - IPC

Valeriya Sherman - IPC

Amr Elsadr - NCUC

Maria Farrell - NCUC

Marie-Laure Lemineur - NPOC

Todd Williams - IPC

Don Moody - IPC

Michael Palage - RySG

Alex Deacon - IPC

Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC

Apologies:

Gema Campillos - GAC

Kristina Rosette - IPC

Sarah Wyld - RrSG

Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Joe Catapano

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/>
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg> https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 22 April 2014:

  Marika Konings:Welcome to the PPSAI WG Meeting of 22 April 2014

  Amr Elsadr:Yes. Hello.

  Graeme Bunton:G'mornin all

  Bladel:g'mornin' y'all

  Michele Neylon:Getting more coffee

  Michele Neylon:but listening

  Alex Deacon:Good morning.

  Terri Agnew:Tim Ruiz has joined audio

  Tim Ruiz:I am now also on adobe.

  Terri Agnew:Jennifer standiford has joined

  Jennifer Standiford:good morning

  Bladel:More of a notification at this point. :)

  Terri Agnew:Phil Marano has joined

  Terri Agnew:Volker Greimann has joined

  Volker Greimann:sorry for my lateness

  Kathy K:we're not looking for perfect - just good, workable and hopefully
as automated as easy as possible

  Volker Greimann:Tim: I'd put them in the "nice to have" category

  Darcy Southwell:One concern I have with this idea is that, if the transfer
fails, we now have our privacy service information listed without any
connection to a P/P customer that we have.

  Tim Ruiz:@Volker, right.

  Bladel:Agree with Tim.  IF you suppor this, here are some uniform
standards.  But agree we shouldn't require feature sets.

  Terri Agnew:Maria Farrell has joined

  Volker Greimann:I would see it as a recommendation according to these
lines: "To enable privacy protection during transfers, the gaining/losing
registrar may...."

  Bladel:I think we should address Steve's first point:  Is this a matter of
policy or product development/innovation?

  Paul McGrady:I would be happy to be in that offline subgroup if everyone
decides we should have one

  Terri Agnew:Marie-Laure Lemineur has joined

  Volker Greimann:that way we could implement policy excemptions to transfer
policies, RAA requirements, etc.

  Marie-laure Lemineur -NPOC:Apologies for the being late

  steve metalitz:I am open to making this an accreditation requirement IF
there is a practical way to do it.  The purpose of the subgroup would be to
answer whether it is practical.

  steve metalitz:"This" = enabling transfer without losing p/p protection.

  Kathy K:Agree with Steve!

  Paul McGrady:Agree with Steve and Kathy

  Amr Elsadr:Also agree with Steve.

  Val Sherman:+1 @Steve

  Tim Ruiz:Could we not just say that all notices required via RAA or Policy
by ICANN should be relayed?

  Darcy Southwell:Agree with Steve, Kathy, and Tim.

  Kathy K:If the

  Kathy K:Registrant has the AuthInfo code, does that help?

  Kathy K:Is there an AuthInfo code for the Redemption Grace Period?

  Michele Neylon:You can't transfer during redemption

  Kathy K:+1 Tim - and tx you!

  Kathy K:Michele, tx for clarification.

  Kathy K:Understand

  Tim Ruiz:Conditions under which a p/p would terminate its service should
be REQUIRED to be communicated to the beneficial user. But providing for
non-diclosure of their data if transfering should only be suggested, or at
most a best practice recommendation.

  Kathy K:Interesting, can we factor in Tim's information?

  Kathy K:In this case too, it seems there is no reason to disclose the
underlying personal data of the Registrant

  Michele Neylon:I'll shove my comment in the chat

  Michele Neylon:Can you force me to do business with someone?

  Michele Neylon:We're a private company

  Michele Neylon:We could say that we don't support a particular type of
software

  Michele Neylon:0h wait - we do that already :)

  Bladel:correct.

  Kathy K:+1 to Steve's suggestion for a subgroup on Transfers. I volunteer.

  Tim Ruiz:No objection to "small" group looking at the transfer issues as a
whole, but will it be small?

  Bladel:I agree Michele.  Then that takes "mandatory" privacy/proxy service
transfers off the table.

  Tim Ruiz:Don't we require registries to deal with all registrars except
under certain specific situations.

  Michele Neylon:Thankfully KS is a reseller / wholesaler so they have
experience

  Michele Neylon:Tim - they have to abuse us all equally

  Tim Ruiz:Exactly. So should we not have to abuse all accredited p/p
services equally.

  Paul McGrady:Great call! Thanks everyone.

  Kathy K:Great, tx Don and All!

  Michele Neylon:We don't have to offer all TLDs

  Phil Marano:Thank you.

  Marie-laure Lemineur -NPOC:thank you Don

  Mary Wong:Thanks everyone.

  Michele Neylon:But it's an interesting question ..

  Michele Neylon:*gone*

  Tobias Sattler:Bye