[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Moving forward with a WG F2F meeting in Dublin

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Sat Aug 8 00:09:57 UTC 2015

Dear WG members,

After careful consideration, the WG co-chairs have decided that it may be
useful to hold a F2F meeting on Friday 16 October in Dublin. The decision
was made taking into account the results of the Doodle poll, previous WG
discussions on the topic, and the status of WG and Sub Team deliberations at
this point in our process.

Having decided to move forward with the F2F meeting, the co-chairs would
like to emphasize that a successful outcome of that meeting depends on a
number of factors. These include timely reports from the various Sub Teams
as well as the WG¹s completing its review of the remaining recommendations
that were not assigned to the Sub Teams. The expectation is that the F2F
meeting will focus on the outstanding issues that remain at that time, and
it will be planned in order to try to resolve those questions through the
F2F discussions.

As with previous such F2F meetings, travel support will only be provided for
6 hotel nights per SG/SO/AC, with no airfare or other support available.
Each SG/SO/AC may therefore nominate up to 6 participants, with the
important caveat that nominees should ideally be already active participants
in the WG (this may be especially important given where our group is at this
stage in our deliberations). If there are fewer than 6 nominees from one
SG/SO/AC, the nominees may each receive up to 2 nights of hotel support. The
WG chairs have the discretion of allotting any unused slots to other
participants in order to achieve a desired level of diversity and
representativeness at the meeting.

Thank you for your patience and for participating in the discussions
concerning the meeting. We will circulate a proposed agenda for the meeting
closer to the time, when we will have a better sense of where the WG¹s
discussions will be by the time we get to Dublin. The schedule will take
into account overnight flight schedules as much as possible. As noted
previously, remote participation facilities will be available for those who
wish to participate but who will not be in Dublin in person.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Cheers

Email: mary.wong at icann.org