[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] Fair Use Week

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue Feb 24 19:40:18 UTC 2015

Hi All,
I wanted to share something that seems related to our activities of late
in the WG. This week is Fair Use Week and organizations offer a set of
online and in-person activities celebrating and exploring fair use. This
year the activities are led by ARL - Association of Research Libraries
-- and universities.

I thought you might be interested in these activities.  Below is a
posting from ARL describing them...

Best
Kathy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/Apologies for cross-posting/
/
/
Hi All,

There were a lot of great posts from the first day of Fair Use Week
2015.  I've compiled a roundup of yesterday's posts
<http://fairuseweek.org/roundup-from-day-1-of-fair-use-week/>.

You can also watch two great videos.  The first is by Kyle Courtney
<http://fairuseweek.org/fair-use-introduction-kyle-courtney/> explaining
some of the origins of Fair Use Week and Harvard's Copyright First
Responders Network.  The second is by Fred von Lohmann
<http://fairuseweek.org/fair-use-week-fred-von-lohmann/> and covers how
fair use enables our everyday technologies.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, check out, use, share, distribute, and
post the Fair Use Fundamentals Infographic
<http://fairuseweek.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/ARL-FUW-Infographic-r4.pdf>.

Stay tuned for more celebration of fair use and fair dealing! Visit
fairuseweek.org <http://fairuseweek.org> or follow #FairUseWeek2015 on
Twitter for more.
--
Krista L. Cox