[Gnso-rds-pdp-privacy] Updated EU Privacy and Data Protection Rules

Ayden Fabien Férdeline ayden at ferdeline.com
Mon Apr 18 22:00:34 UTC 2016

Hi, team-
Speaking of these new EU data protection rules, I just thought I'd ask if we had
access to a resource.
Over the weekend I stumbled across this email chain on the listserv for another working group. In it, the VP UN and IGO Engagement
shares a file downloaded from Cullen's regulatory intelligence service. I wasn't
aware that ICANN subscribed to Cullen, but in the file shared there is a
hyperlink to a full summary of the General Data Protection Regulation that
Cullen has prepared. It is behind their paywall, but if ICANN subscribes to this
service, might it be possible for us to table their summary? I have read other
reports produced by Cullen and they are usually of a very high quality and may
help us identify where, within the 400 pages or so of this new regulation, we
should be focusing our energy. I am not sure of the terms of ICANN's
subscription to this tool, so perhaps we cannot share it publicly, but just
thought I would ask. Thank you.
Best wishes,
Ayden