[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Use Case -- Real World Information: Consumer Verification of Domain Name / Website Operator

Mark Svancarek marksv at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 1 23:48:33 UTC 2016

Non repudiation of commercial transactions is also a cornerstone of the Internet and that is at odds with anonymity.  And even if I am buying things with a blockchain currency, someone still needs an address to mail them to me.

I think it’s safe to say that there will be cases and jurisdictions where transparency is required, and others where it’s not required.  Our policy must accommodate both, with an emphasis on good privacy practice (in all cases, only collect and only expose the minimum data required to effectively run the domain system).