[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] @EXT: RE: Use cases: Fundamental, Incidental, and Theoretical

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Mon Aug 8 18:23:51 UTC 2016

We don't know, because we have no statistics on the matter, but as was
originally stated, at the moment there is no requirement to steal real
identities and use their phone numbers and addresses if there is
incomplete verification done.  Now, registrars (notably Elliot Noss)
were stating last year that in response to the RAA requirements to cut
off unverifiable phone numbers, they found no incidence of crime.
However, the crime of ID theft is not going to start until the accuracy
requirements cause problems...and it is not clear (without stats) that
this is the case yet.  Just my 2cents Andrew, but it seems logical.

Stephanie