[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Use case for WHOIS/RDP

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 22:48:21 UTC 2016

I see that Geoff has provided some actual facts, to replace both your
speculation and mine.  That should improve everyone's understanding of this
use case.

I'll let Alex and/or Geoff respond on the difference between various types
and levels of certificates, including the difference in value.  I don't
think anyone but you implied that there's no difference between a free
Let's Encrypt certificate and a $399 Symantec certificate, in spite of your
attempt to hang that on Alex.  A little research shows quite a number of
"value added" differences.  That said, Let's Encrypt does seem to be quite
a disruptive force in the certificate market, but I don't see the relevance
of that to our study of this use case.

Greg