[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] RDS PDP WG Leadership Team - Deadline for objections Wed 10 Feb at 18.00 UTC

James Galvin jgalvin at afilias.info
Tue Feb 9 18:24:08 UTC 2016

This is not an objection but I do want to repeat the comment I made
during the meeting we just had.

First, I’m not objecting because I appreciate that we operate with a
consensus driven process and this call for any objections is a tool in
that process.

However, the concern I stated during the meeting is that when the poll
was created it was never clearly stated that it was going to be used as
a consensus judging tool to select the leadership.

Less than 1 third of the working group members responded to the
opportunity to indicate support for leadership candidates while almost 2
thirds responded to the opportunity to identify desirable
characteristics.  If you just look at the numbers clearly the “top
4” could change dramatically if more people had participated in the
poll, and I have to believe that more would have participated if they
had known it would be important to do so.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did not participate in the
candidate support poll while I did participate in the leadership
characteristics poll.

It is essential that “formal questions” be clearly stated as such so
that working group members have an opportunity to fully evaluate the
consequences of their actions (or non-actions).

Thanks,

Jim