[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] RDS PDP WG Leadership Team - Deadline for objections Wed 10 Feb at 18.00 UTC

Anderson, Marc mcanderson at verisign.com
Tue Feb 9 18:48:13 UTC 2016

I agree with Jim on all points.

I'm not objecting as I feel comfortable that a leadership team with Chuck as chair supported by Susan, Michele and David in a configuration that they will propose to the rest of the working group will do an excellent job.  I also recognize and agree with the point made on today's call that we need to select a leadership team and move forward.

I do want to echo Jim's point about the purpose of the pole.  It seemed to me that the pole was created in response to the volume of email created by people "seconding" candidates applying for leadership positions.  Like Jim I did not participate in the candidate support poll but did participate in the leadership characteristics poll.  I certainly would have participated in the candidate poll had I know it would be used in this manner.  I don't think it's necessary to re-open to poll.

While Chuck as chair isn't one of them, this PDP will be dealing with a number of contentious items and it's essential that we are clear in what we are asking and communicating going forward.

Thank you,
Marc