[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Notes and action items from Next-Generation RDS PDP WG Meeting

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Thu Feb 25 16:18:50 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 07:33:38PM -0500, Stephanie Perrin wrote:
> The short answer is, in most categories, they want the data.

Well, yes.  But as a group we're going to need to make decisions about
whose desire for data is a legitimate need, and under which
circumstances that need can be satisfied.  (We have an opportunity to
add a new dimension, because whois has no mechanism for authentication
but RDAP does, so in fact we could make decisions that access to
something is legitimate under certain authentication conditions.)  I
think the point of figuring out these categories is to figure out
whether all those classes of potential need will get the required
airing.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com