[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] OT Re: An important technical consideration about nature of the service (was Re: The overflowing list )

Greg Aaron gca at icginc.com
Fri Jul 22 14:26:40 UTC 2016

The latest count is that ICANN-accredited registrars exist in 67 national jurisdictions, and that gTLD registries exist in 47 different national jurisdictions.
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/gtld-marketplace-health-index-beta-19jul16-en.pdf

Among those there is additional choice.  For example, different registrars offer different terms of service within in the laws of their jurisdictions, registrants have choices about privacy/proxy protection, etc.

So, registrants have opportunities to make choices about what they register, where, under what laws, and under what terms of service.