[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] OT Re: An important technical consideration about nature of the service (was Re: The overflowing list )

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Sat Jul 23 18:18:25 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-22 10:26 AM, Greg Aaron wrote:
> So, registrants have opportunities to make choices about what they register, where, under what laws, and under what terms of service.
Greg, is this universally true? I may be wrong but I thought that the
Chinese (proposed?/existing?) legislation says that a Chinese company
has to register its Domain Name with a registrar duly incorporated as a
business in China. Maybe that is only for conducting business inside
China. Clarification? Anyone?

Sam Lanfranco