[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] OT Re: An important technical consideration about nature of the service (was Re: The overflowing list )

Hollenbeck, Scott shollenbeck at verisign.com
Mon Jul 25 15:18:41 UTC 2016

From: gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org [mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Gomes, Chuck
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 10:58 AM
To: Sivasubramanian M
Cc: gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org
Subject: Re: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] OT Re: An important technical consideration about nature of the service (was Re: The overflowing list )

It is not clear to me that the IETF needs to focus on the “complexities of matters concerning Registrant Data” but I will let our IETF experts comment on that.

[SAH] It’s important to note that the IETF process we followed to develop RDAP did indeed include (for example) considerations for the protection of registrant data, but we tried to stay away from enshrining policies associated with that data. That’s work to be done by policy makers.

Scott