[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Outreach #2 / Draft 3

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sat Jun 18 14:13:26 UTC 2016

Thanks for doing this Lisa.

Let me add that I think our original instructions for Outreach #2 suggested that groups review the possible requirements list: "Over the past several weeks the WG has been working on Work Plan Task 8 to develop a first cut of a 'Possible Requirements List for gTLD Registration Data and Directory Services'. A copy of that list as of the date of this request is posted on the WG wiki<https://community.icann.org/x/shOOAw> in pdf<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/56986791/RDS%20PDP%20List%20of%20Possible%20Requirements%20D3%20-%2010%20June.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1465652929146&api=v2> and word<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/56986791/RDS%20PDP%20List%20of%20Possible%20Requirements%20D3%20-%2010%20June.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1465652899541&api=v2>. Please review this initial list according to the guidelines below and submit any additional possible requirements that you think should be added."

We have since realized as a lot of you have that the very large size of the list of possible requirements made it unrealistic for those not in the WG to review it in responding to Outreach #2 in the short time allowed.  They are of course welcome to do that if they have time, but we are now saying that that is not necessary and that groups may suggest possible requirements without doing the list review first.  As Lisa says, if liaisons can readily eliminate duplicates proposed by their respective groups, that would be nice but that also is not a requirement.  We will eliminate duplicates after we receive the responses to Outreach #2.

Hopefully, this will make it much easier for each group to respond to the request prior to or in the Helsinki WG sessions.

Chuck