[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Information on SAC 054

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Jun 12 01:45:56 UTC 2016

Folks

You can breathe a sign of relief.  My (belated) report on SAC054 does not contain any new data elements/requirements.   It is simply a very useful document with a proposed model to identify what data is required, for what purpose and in what part of the cycle.  It does not introduce any new purposes, data requirements, etc  The list of data starts with that information provided at the time when the domain name is available for registration, followed by data required at the time it is registered/active, at the time of its expiry at the time of the grace period, and then when it become available again.

The model is very useful simply to give readers a better understanding of that cycle and suggest a common understanding and consistency of terminology throughout that life cycle of a domain name.

Some of the information is required under the RAA and publicly available under its terms.  Other of the information is gathered under other arrangements including RFCs.  But for all data that is listed in this document, it is listed elsewhere in the other documents that have been analysed for this WG so, in that sense, the document does not add to the lists being generated for this WG.

The very useful tables in which the data is broken down into phases in the life cycle and explained are listed below.

Holly