[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Back to basics

Klaus Stoll kdrstoll at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:52:51 UTC 2016

Dear Michael

Thank you for this. I never understood from where ICANN takes the right
for Specification 4 and still don't. Maybe someone can enlighten me,
there might be a very good reason that eludes me.

Until then, I still think that ICANN should  only be responsible for the
information that is needed for the DNS. If a Registry wants to add
fields, they should be able to do this under the limits of the law under
which they are registered. In an ideal case these additional field
should be voluntarily for the Registrant on an opt in basis.

If ICANN acts as a regulator at one point and as a technical
co-ordination at another, does ICANN do it to ensure the different
aspects of a secure and staple DNS. If yes, then this logic should be
explained, discussed and made transparent, (isn't what the policy making
processes and the WG's are for), if not, ICANN has a real problem.

Thanks again.

Klaus