[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] RDAP for Registration Data Service Upgrade?

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Wed May 25 14:03:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Hollenbeck, Scott <shollenbeck at verisign.com
> wrote:

> If we decide that an RDDS is needed, we’re going to have to find a way to
> provide that service using one of the options (WHOIS, WHOIS++, RWHOIS,
> IRIS, or RDAP) that are already available. RDAP is our best option.

​+1.

Confession.  My interest in these matters always cleave to the end game. So
I have spent a lot of time digging and was lucky enough to be tutored some.
[Largely by Scott in an EWG subteam.]​

On the balance of the evidence and given the endgame, I am unanimous that
for a functional RDDS with a certain form to it, RDAP and its evolution
seems our best bet to address all the known registration data issues and to
project a globally-acceptable framework here forward.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799