[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] RDS Statement of Purpose

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Sep 11 15:40:13 UTC 2016

Two comments:

1. This is a PDP. We do not based our actions by
what is in an ICANN policy, but it is our job to
decide what is in the policies (in relation to our topic).

2. ICANN is here for far more than to enforce its
own policies. We must ensure that the policies
and all they imply address the public interest.
If we judge that something related to the RDS (or
whatever) is in the public interest, our job is
to see that it happens or can happen. That is
complex, because there are clearly multiple
conflicting desires/needs, but we ARE supposed to be factoring them all in.

Alan