[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Proposed Definition/Background for Authoritative

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Wed Apr 5 14:35:33 UTC 2017

The phrase "Registries exist to be authoritative repositories of data"
needs to be carved in stone over the entrance to these rds discussion.

  * Being simple minded, the tasks here are: "what data" and "access
    under what terms". The complexities around those two tasks are the
    core work of this rds-wg.
  * Issues of accuracy are (operationally) a Registrar-Registry issue.
    They have to be addressed at that level. Registries depend on
    Registrars for the primary data from domain name registrants.
      o ICANN and this wg may have views on how issues of accuracy are
        addressed but that is a supplementary issue, and not the core
        issue here.

....my two cents here....as a registrant

Sam L.

On 4/5/2017 7:10 AM, Hollenbeck, Scott via gnso-rds-pdp-wg wrote:

> [...]

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
  邦有道,贫且贱焉,耻也。邦无道,富且贵焉,耻也
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: Lanfran at Yorku.ca   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  https://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: +1 613-476-0429 cell: +1 416-816-2852