[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Domain Name Management

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Fri Dec 8 15:10:50 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 03:54:20PM +0100, Volker Greimann wrote:
> I would disagree. The only entities permitted to perform domain management
> actions, are the registrant, the registrar, and any agents deignated by them
> to perform these roles. A prospective buyer does not conduct domain
> management functions until he is entered as registrant.

In a deal between two registrants, where one is taking over from the
other, the new registrant is unknown to the registrar and registry
until the change in registrant happens.  I believe, however, there are
domain management tasks that the new registrant does (or anyway may
do) prior to that moment.  You don't think so?

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com