[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Now open: 18 January Poll on Purpose

James Galvin jgalvin at afilias.info
Thu Jan 26 16:04:36 UTC 2017

On 26 Jan 2017, at 10:31, Greg Aaron wrote:

> Some members of this WG are arguing that the collection of and
> publication of thin data, even creation dates, is a problem, or should
> be gated or permissioned.   Such arguments are inconsistent with
> legally vetted practices in front of us.

Since we are starting with a clean slate, whether or not something has
been done or is currently being done is important information to have in
a discussion, but it is not a compelling reason in and of itself to do
it again or to continue doing it.  It is appropriate rather than
“inconsistent” to “argue” about its difficulty and whether or
not access to it should be gated in any way.

Jim