[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] CCtlds and Purpose

Elaine Pruis elaine at donuts.email
Wed May 3 00:12:11 UTC 2017

I'd like to see added to the list of recipients, some ccTLDs that market
themselves as more generic than geographic-- for example, .co, .me, .tv as
they have a much broader customer base and therefore will offer additional
perspective.
Elaine

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 10:42 AM tisrael at cippic.ca <tisrael at cippic.ca> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Great list of questions, I think.
>
> Is it possible to elaborate Q3 so that it's addressing not only which
> entities can be authenticated but also about the reasons these entities are
> permitted to interact with the data?
>
> Maybe something like:
> [Cut]
> **Add**
> If authentication is required to access WHOIS data, please describe the
> authentication process.  Also please describe **which entities qualify
> for authentication and** the permitted purposes for accessing this data
> (i.e. [who is able to access the data and who is not] **the reasons for
> which gated or non-gated data may be accessed, used, retained or further
> disclosed** )
>
> Best,
> Tamir
>

> On 2017-05-02 11:45 AM, James Galvin wrote:
>
> I’ve made a few minor suggestions in the attached version. One perhaps
> semi-substantive comment is that I deleted the references to “thin” and
> “thick”. I don’t think they add anything and just like “authoritative” I
> feel like they should be defined if we’re going to use them.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
>

> On 1 May 2017, at 19:49, Gomes, Chuck via gnso-rds-pdp-wg wrote:
>
> Very good questions in my opinion.  Ten questions are quite a lot to
> answer; I am not suggesting that we eliminate any of them but we may want
> to suggest that they answer as many as possible at this time and answer
> others when they can.
>

> I made some edits that I think are minor in the attached file.
>

> Chuck

[image: Donuts Inc.] <http://www.donuts.domains>
*Elaine Pruis*, Vice President, Operations
*Donuts Inc. <http://www.donuts.domains>*
10500 NE 8th Street, Suite 1450, Bellevue Washington, 98004, U.S.A. |
Telephone: 509.899.3161
[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/DonutsInc>[image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/donutstlds>[image: Linked In]
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/donuts-inc->