[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Does the principle of proportionality apply to thin data?

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed May 31 18:21:56 UTC 2017

Nathalie,

Thank you for your suggestion that the principle of proportionality be added.  That has generated a very lively discussion.

As I am sure you have seen, a lot of WG members have stated that they do not believe that the principle of proportionality applies to thin data and have provided what I think is pretty good rationale in support of their position.  As the originator of the suggestion, do you still maintain that the principle applies to thin data?  If so, how would you counter the arguments that have been made to the contrary?

All - If anyone else thinks that the principle of proportionality applies to think data, please speak up and provide your counters to the arguments that have been made to the contrary.