[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] On interoperation and policy (was Re: Contactability)

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 29 18:35:09 UTC 2017

Mike, Allison,

Perhaps more blunt tools are required? It looks to me we are not able to
quantify the issue here, WHOIS vs. no WHOIS.

http://domainincite.com/22339-icann-urged-to-crack-down-on-new-gtld-abuse
Looks like a better path to get a solution as opposed to
reputation-based systems who factor in WHOIS. From what I been reading
on this list ccTLDs who keep their space clean do not have to fear much
from the fact that there is no PII in a WHOIS.

Perhaps we are shaking the wrong tree here?

Thanks,

Theo