[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] IMPORTANT: Invitation for Poll from 29 August Meeting

jonathan matkowsky jonathan.matkowsky at riskiq.net
Fri Sep 1 23:50:41 UTC 2017

It may be important to note from the April 27 advisory
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registry-agreement-raa-rdds-2015-04-27-en>
on that Consensus Policy that if data exists for a given optional field,
 the data MUST be shown. So I would suggest we define optional in that way.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 6:22 AM, Greg Aaron <gca at icginc.com> wrote:

> The first question of this poll asks whether Reseller Name must be
> supported by the RDS, and whether it MUST or MAY be provided for inclusion
> in the RDS by Registrars.
>

> This issue was decided by the Registry Registration Data Directory
> Services Consistent Labeling and Display Policy, a Consensus Policy that
> went into effect 1 August 2017.  It says: “In responses to domain name
> object queries the following fields are considered optional … Reseller.”
> https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/rdds-labeling-policy-2017-02-01-en
> The policy says that the system must support this field, it’s optional for
> registrars to fill in that field, and the field is displayed in output if
> the registrar provided the data.
>

> The WG is accepting the results of that Consensus Policy regarding
> Registrar Abuse contacts.  So I suggest it also follow what that that same
> Consensus Policy says about for Reseller Name.
>

> Thanks,
>
> --Greg
>

> **********************************
>
> Greg Aaron
>
> Vice-President, Product Management
>
> iThreat Cyber Group / Cybertoolbelt.com
>
> mobile: +1.215.858.2257 <(215)%20858-2257>
>
> **********************************
>
> The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential
> and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
> intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
> us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
> computer.

This message was sent from RiskIQ, and is intended only for the designated
recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and
may be subject to confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you
receive this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message. Thank you.