[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Meetings/Conversations with Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners

John Bambenek jcb at bambenekconsulting.com
Tue Sep 26 15:35:40 UTC 2017

PS: And no, consent does not fix this, since consent is also bound by
very tight rules that do not fit current practices. But we have danced
that dance enough on the list already.

Then facebook, gmail, and quite frankly, THE ENTIRE INTERNET cannot
exist if this were true.

But it's not true. It'd a red herring.

This is a SOLVED PROBLEM for people who process MORE sensitive
information that whois. Why people insist on fighting and dying on this
hill, I have no idea. Especially when it applies to a small subset of
domain registrants.

On 9/26/2017 10:32 AM, Volker Greimann wrote:
> PS: And no, consent does not fix this, since consent is also bound by
> very tight rules that do not fit current practices. But we have danced
> that dance enough on the list already.

John Bambenek