[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Meetings/Conversations with Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Sep 26 16:30:44 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 12:26:37PM -0400, allison nixon wrote:
> When I search Facebook for "Allison Nixon" and I get back a list of people
> with this name, their provided locations, and profile pics, is this also a
> leak? no law mandates this behavior

It is clearly a way in which Facebook gives off -- if you like "leak"
or "radiates" or "discloses" or whatever I don't care -- data about
people named that and their photos.  Given that Facebook's data
handling is at least controversial with some Internet participants, I
hardly see how holding up Facebook practices helps us know what to do.
But in any case, it's not relevant, because Facebook is not making
policies about public Internet infrastructure and we are.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com