[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Meetings/Conversations with Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners

allison nixon elsakoo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 16:38:26 UTC 2017

It's not irrelevent, because people here keep going on and on about how
it's going to become illegal to publish any ownership info relating to
domains, but many other sites on the internet clearly do not follow these
extraordinarily strict guidelines people want to set for whois. Clearly the
legal requirements people want to impose here are false. Either that, or
Facebook and ICANN follow different GDPRs. I see no logical
counterarguments here, only attempts to throw out my argument so it doesn't
have to be contemplated.

I had to go inactive for the past month from the group due to unrelated
reasons. Have we hired a lawyer to look these laws over yet? Or are we in
the same illogical circular loop?