[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] FW: WSGR Final Memorandum

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Wed Sep 27 12:53:19 UTC 2017

I remind us that we are looking at some principles to drive a process
here, the selection of the MPDS. We should not get lost in the weeds of
conflicting GDPRs.

Nations will have differences, to be negotiated, and ICANN itself (as
ICANN) should retain some procedural latitude to both navigate those
conflicts,
and at the same time accept that it has an organizational stakeholder
interest in the resolution of those conflicts.

This is the world we live in. It will never be neat and tidy, so ICANN
needs a resilient and sustainable policy strategy here.
A strategy that sits above the weeds of conflicting GDPRs.

Sam Lanfranco
(ncsg/npoc)