[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Meetings/Conversations with Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Thu Sep 28 17:25:58 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 01:21:35PM -0400, Dotzero wrote:
> For some definition of "we", it isn't clear to me what "we" collectively
> want.

Right.  That's why this is a "working group", not a "mutual praise
society".  We have to hammer out some set of compromises about what
the policy ought to be.  I don't see why that ought to be news.  I
also don't think it's going to work if each of us cleaves to whatever
position s/he starts with, and refuses to compromise or understand
what is possible given the technology we already have.

This is, by the way, why I think Scott H's testbed is useful.  I hope
people have looked at it.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com