[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Letter from Article 29 WP to ICANN Org

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Fri Apr 13 23:22:37 UTC 2018

> Em 13 de abr de 2018, à(s) 18:20:000, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> escreveu:
>
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 04:34:39PM -0400, Ayden Férdeline wrote:
>>
>> I know some will ask what is new. Nothing, if you read the recent paper from
>> the Berlin Group, as the Article 29 Working Party notes in their letter how
>> useful they found this report.
>
> So then why add it?  It's more stuff that everyone is supposed to have
> read, and it contributes nothing new to the considerations.  That
> seems like an example of, "Everything has been said, but not by
> everyone," and I think it is wasteful.

Andrew,

Regardless of who said it, which was the focus of this thread so far, content-wise it brings some new information. Not much, but the document is not long anyways... so it seems to have a reasonable signal-to-noise ratio to afford being included.
If no other reason, at least to challenge what I have heard before that the Berlin group position was not a DPAs position. In RDS context, DPAs endorsed that paper and went a bit further, so we can take that as a DPAs position.

Rubens