[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Letter from Article 29 WP to ICANN Org

jonathan m jonathan.matkowsky at riskiq.net
Sat Apr 14 00:03:10 UTC 2018

I agree it should be included but we need to be careful here. The letter
basically says ICANN should take careful consideration of the
specific recommendations in that paper, but not endorsing the paper as a
whole as if it were its own feedback.

Jonathan Matkowsky

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 4:22 PM, Rubens Kuhl <rubensk at nic.br> wrote:

> > Em 13 de abr de 2018, à(s) 18:20:000, Andrew Sullivan <
> ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> escreveu:
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 04:34:39PM -0400, Ayden Férdeline wrote:
> >>
> >> I know some will ask what is new. Nothing, if you read the recent paper
> from
> >> the Berlin Group, as the Article 29 Working Party notes in their letter
> how
> >> useful they found this report.
> >
> > So then why add it?  It's more stuff that everyone is supposed to have
> > read, and it contributes nothing new to the considerations.  That
> > seems like an example of, "Everything has been said, but not by
> > everyone," and I think it is wasteful.
>

> Andrew,
>
> Regardless of who said it, which was the focus of this thread so far,
> content-wise it brings some new information. Not much, but the document is
> not long anyways... so it seems to have a reasonable signal-to-noise ratio
> to afford being included.
> If no other reason, at least to challenge what I have heard before that
> the Berlin group position was not a DPAs position. In RDS context, DPAs
> endorsed that paper and went a bit further, so we can take that as a DPAs
> position.
>

> Rubens

This
message was sent from RiskIQ, and is intended only for the designated
recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and
may be subject to confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you
receive this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message. Thank you.