[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] PDP history and ICANN61 F2F prep

Lisa Phifer lisa at corecom.com
Thu Mar 1 19:37:11 UTC 2018

Dear all,

In preparation for ICANN61, the leadership team thought a brief recap of
this WG's charter and objectives, our agreed approach to deliberation, and
what we have accomplished thus far might be helpful. Refer to the following
recap, given during our 27 February call:

https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/79432608/HistoryRecap-27Feb
Call.pdf

We recap this history to help us all move ahead with full knowledge of the
ground already covered, our iterative approach to addressing charter
questions, and both agreements and challenges.

-        For those relatively new to the WG, we remind you that reading the
charter <https://community.icann.org/display/gTLDRDS/WG+Charter>  and
catching up on past meetings
<https://community.icann.org/display/gTLDRDS/WG+Meetings>  and progress
<https://community.icann.org/x/p4xlAw>  is not just expected but essential
to effective participation.

-        For long-time WG members, we encourage everyone to re-read the
phase 1 working draft and related document
<https://community.icann.org/display/gTLDRDS/Phase+1+Documents> s to refresh
your memory of past agreements and avoid repeating past discussions.

-        Anyone looking for a refresher on the WG's charter questions and
phased iterative approach may wish to replay the newcomer webinar
<https://participate.icann.org/p73xek0tdqa/> , linked to our wiki landing
page <https://community.icann.org/x/rjJ-Ag> . If repeating that webinar live
would be helpful, that can be arranged.

As we prepare for ICANN61, RDS PDP F2F meeting dates/times and agendas will
be posted here:

.        Saturday March 10, 2018 (8.30-12.00 local time) - details to be
posted at  <https://community.icann.org/x/ygi8B>
https://community.icann.org/x/ygi8B

.        Wednesday March 14, 2018 (15.15-18.30 local time) - details to be
posted at  <https://community.icann.org/x/zAi8B>
https://community.icann.org/x/zAi8B

As always, remote participation options will be available; see instructions
here: https://community.icann.org/x/3wC8B

Materials being developed this week by drafting teams will serve as the
foundation for our F2F discussions.
To follow drafting team work, visit: https://community.icann.org/x/q5BEB

Regards,
Lisa