[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] resigning from the PDP

sivasubramanian muthusamy 6.internet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:38:04 UTC 2018

On Mar 15, 2018 12:49 PM, "Ayden Férdeline" <icann at ferdeline.com> wrote:

Thank you so much for your contributions to this Working Group, Stephanie.
I have learned so much from your comments on our calls and mailing list,
and have appreciated your many helpful, public interested-orientated
interventions over the past two years. Unfortunately this Working Group is
progressing at a glacial pace and is a perfect example of how policy at
ICANN can be set by exhaustion.

Exactly the reason why positive participants should resist exhaustion and
stay on.

be clear, there is no implied criticism here of the leadership team or of
anyone else, however in the absence of a strong privacy advocate and the
declining presence of civil society in these deliberations, because it is
impossible to allocate resources to participate in this Working Group given
how little progress we seem to be making, I do not believe the
recommendations ultimately delivered by this Working Group will hold any
long-term legitimacy.

Ayden Férdeline