[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Wednesday session didn’t work very well

Richard Leaning rleaning at ripe.net
Fri Mar 16 20:48:16 UTC 2018

Dear WG members,

I know I haven’t been very active in this group recently and that I didn’t attend any of the f2f meetings this week in PR, even though i was there.

I needed time to reflect on what is happening within this group and the wider issues that are facing the Whois and ICANN. Am disappointed that after 2 years that we haven’t made any significant steps forward even though we have worked very hard to do so. This is not a reflection of this WG or the people on it,  but a reflection of the ICANN PDP as a whole, it just doesn’t work any more.

I am therefore withdrawing as a member of this WG and will be an observer only. I will reconsider this decision in the future if i can see some real clarity on what this WG will achieve and how.

Kind Regards

Dick

Richard Leaning
External Relations