[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] WG Meeting Break

Chuck consult at cgomes.com
Fri Mar 23 21:45:27 UTC 2018

RDS PDP working group members,

After careful consideration the RDS PDP leadership team has decided to take
a brief break in  working group meetings.  To start with we are cancelling
the next two meetings that would have occurred on 27 March (1600UTC) and 3
April (1600UTC).  We heard in Puerto Rico that ICANN org plans to be in
front of DPAs the week of 26 March presenting an interim model for GDPR
compliance.  We are keenly aware that the community, including many of our
most active participants are heavily involved in this GDPR compliance
effort.

We also heard from ICANN org that it is considering utilizing the temporary
policy language (found in Registry and Registrar contracts) as the mechanism
for executing the interim GDPR compliance model.  While a temporary policy
has never been issued and there are many unknowns, we recognize that if this
approach is taken it will impact our working group.

Canceling a few meetings will give the leadership team a chance to better
understand impacts and make sure the work we do going forward makes sense in
the larger picture and is respectful of the time commitments made by members
of the working group.

Thank you,
RDS PDP Leadership Team