[Gnso-rpm-protection] Action items and updated Sub Team document from Friday 11 August call

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Aug 15 16:38:46 UTC 2017

Dear all,

The action items from the last Sub Team call on Friday 11 August are listed below. In addition, please find attached for your review and further discussion an updated version of the Sub Team’s document, to which staff has made the edits from the Friday call, with comment balloons indicating the source of those edits.

Action Items:

  *   Kathy Kleiman to propose additional question building on Question 4 (as phrased) to address suggestion about “benefits and concerns” of extended Claims Service

  *   Sub Team members to note at beginning of the next call that while edits to Question 5 have been minimal, should the question also include specific reference to quantifying the level of usage of Protected Marks List services (i.e. question from Claudio di Gangi)

  *   Staff to update Q2 as follows: (1) retain suggested language from Phil Corwin regarding existing scope of TMCH policy and documentation while adding language from David McAuley and deleting question immediately preceding Phil’s language; (2) rephrase the question on costs in line with Jon Nevett’s suggestion and clarify that question is intended to also solicit feedback as to what the various additional costs may be

  *   Staff to update Q3 to clarify example of registry use of SMD files in relation to the provision of Protected Marks List services

  *   Staff to update Q4 to add registrars as a source of feedback, and to include examples of relevant experiences (e.g. registration volume and numbers of exact matches)

Notes from the call will also be posted to the Sub Team wiki space shortly, as usual.

Thanks and cheers
Mary