[Gnso-rpm-protection] Recordings, attendance, AC Chat from Sub Team for Additional Marketplace RPMs call on Friday, 18 August 2017 16:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Fri Aug 18 19:09:55 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email. The MP3, Adobe Connect recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Sub Team for Additional Marketplace RPMs call on Friday, 18 August 2017 at 16:00 UTC.

Attendance and recordings of the call are also posted on agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/DBghB

MP3:    http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-marketplace-rpm-18aug17-en.mp3
Adobe Connect recording:   https://participate.icann.org/p18nw1ilrwy/

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar[gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DwMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=PFpB-ztyZLUAAnXOX9y_p1wsu5KdiKi0m_1qr3qRnA0&s=pn5u28Q_u0cXQWKC94ecGoBfvu1FKXSd7xgx7fKD9WY&e=>

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 18 August 2017:

Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the RPM Working Group Sub Team for Additional Marketplace call on Friday, 18 August 2017 16:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_DBghB&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=mi3UGfEJAht4P-xokcLhBbfgMq0npo3meUezNWKJP9Y&s=CQzLKneqTjWse6Rg2RQAGoGjtB3kpi37k_TUK5bRNZg&e=
  David McAuley:dialing in
  Michelle DeSmyter:thanks David
  J. Scott:I am joining. I am in open space, so muting.
  J. Scott:Super. thanks Greg.
  Philip Corwin:Hello all
  David McAuley:poor connection
  J. Scott:I disagree. I think we should know whether there is or is not an approval process. that is just information
  Kathy Kleiman:Online now. +1 David, Phil, J. Scott
  Kathy Kleiman:No :-) Survived the driving lesson :-)
  J. Scott:We could make a recommendation that an approval process should be put in place
  Rebecca L Tushnet:+1 J. Scott, given the interaction with the required RPMs
  Mary Wong:In this context (DPML and other services using the TMCH services), is J. Scott's last comment also related to Question 8 (which also has been proposed for deletion).
  Philip Corwin:I have to think about it, and this is a personal view, but I'm not sure that the WG has any authority (beyond noting the existence) to look into private protections that don't use the mandatory RPMs
  J. Scott: I am sorry. I am not sure I understand the question.
  J. Scott:Thanks Mary.
  J. Scott:There is judgment in making a statement that all additional RPMs that registries want to put in place need to go through some sort of formarl approval process
  J. Scott:That should read "no judgment."
  J. Scott:I am stepping away for two minutes.
  Mary Wong:Staff clarification, just in case - we're not opining on the WG charter scope or the advisability of these questions, was just noting a possible relationship between Q6 & Q8 for the Sub Team's consideration.
  David McAuley:Thanks Mary and I agree w/Jon that we need to keep charter in view
  David McAuley:But information gathering seems ok as we stated before
  J. Scott:I am back
  David McAuley:good summary Greg
  Kathy Kleiman:+1
  Mary Wong:Noted, Greg
  Brian Cimbolic:sure
  Mary Wong:SP is Susan Payne, I believe.
  Rebecca L Tushnet:One question that may be part of this is whether there is a more public aspect
  Kathy Kleiman:good connection
  J. Scott:Loud and clear, rebecca
  Kathy Kleiman:Should we define "proprietary data"?
  David McAuley:probably a good idea @Kathy
  Kathy Kleiman:How would you phrase that, Greg?
  Rebecca L Tushnet:Data that are kept confidential as between TM owner & provider?
  Kathy Kleiman:@RT makes sense
  David McAuley:That makes sense Greg, agree with that
  David McAuley:i.e. data from TMCH
  David McAuley:rather than proprietary data from TMCH
  Kathy Kleiman:agreed!
  Mary Wong:Noted, Greg
  Kathy Kleiman:precisely!
  David McAuley:yes
  J. Scott:I am going to have to leave early.
  Mary Wong:We're taking notes :)
  Kathy Kleiman:Tx for chairing, Greg.
  David McAuley:Good luck with that Greg
  Kathy Kleiman:Still here
  David McAuley:nice phrase kathy - "possibilty for significant rephrasing"
  David McAuley:Kathy, that is
  Griffin Barnett:need to drop, bye all
  David McAuley:Thanks for filling in Greg, thanks all, good bye