[Gnso-rpm-trademark] Recordings, attendance & AC Chat from Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Trademark Claims call on Friday, 26 May 2017 at 16:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Fri May 26 18:08:13 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email. The MP3, Adobe Connect recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Trademark Claims call held on Friday, 26 May 2017 at 16:00 UTC. Attendance of the call is posted on agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/qSDwAw

MP3:  https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-trademark-claims-26may17-en.mp3 <https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-trademark-claims-26may17-en.mp3%20'>
Adobe Connect recording:   https://participate.icann.org/p4z0a4vbb7c/

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar[gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DwMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=53guiRzsIm52y2arEi1oK3cZB85_WaVbAwT-RuOvf1U&s=rgxIRrQDuq51-CxCB7m2-j6VZSbzaD_sax3FXJHB7Ss&e=>

Wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/qSDwAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 26 May 2017:

 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Sub Team for Trademark Claims call on Friday, 26 May 2017 at 16:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Meeting agenda page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_qSDwAw&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=0TjqRyz_LxYQCPluFQRk_RT23jIEgClplMI8w0Yi7ow&s=aCnCTMo2S9hmMO-GE2quj8_yw4Z9zUiKc0zxnTPeLSU&e=
  Amr Elsadr:http://www.ovio.eu/
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Good morning/afternoon/evening!
  Louise Marie Hurel:Hi to all!
  Amr Elsadr:I just unsynched the document on the screen, so all of you can scroll through it.
  Amr Elsadr:The word in the question right now is "innocent infringers".
  Amr Elsadr:Would the Sub Team like to be specific, calling them in this case "potential good-faith registrants"?
  Kathy:"and providing notice to Portential Registants"
  Kathy:right!
  Kathy:that's what I was thinking...
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:https://docs.google.com/document/d/13u5h6Wh6QUqW0vzT5q0zCTEmjMQ8_iCat6ZehLHQC7Q/edit
  Louise Marie Hurel:Thanks, Kristine
  Kathy:Hi Amr, can you include that Kristine found there were only mentioned in 15 URS cases of NAF (of 698). [May be useful to clarify a bit.]
  Kathy:I could not hear Amr's response
  Amr Elsadr:And 62/47,606 within 90 days following the Claims Period within the same period.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Proposed data point: ask URS filers if their marks were in the TMCH
  Rebecca Tushnet:The audio is going in and out
  Kathy:yes
  Kathy:or even if happens to match
  Amr Elsadr:Apologies if I fall behind on notes. Will listen to the recording, to make sure the notes are complete.
  Amr Elsadr:Regarding the 94% abandonment rate, please note footnote 3 at the bottom of page 2 of the document.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Compare: general cart abandonment rates for online purchases / abandonment names in .com / abandonment rates in the same TLD after Claims.
  Amr Elsadr:Although there was no data on the most frequently attempted strings being registered then abandoned after Claims Notices being generated, there was data on the most frequent trademarks that were downloaded from the TMCH during the Claims Period.
  Kathy:People are choosing not to accept...
  Kathy:Let's ask the Analysis Group at what point the abandonment is taking place.
  Kathy:in their statistics...
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:I agree KAthy, we should know.  We want to eliminate ambiguities at this point to make it easier for the WG
  Amr Elsadr:It might be worthwhile pointing out that the 94% figure is not necessarily an abandonment rate. It represents the number of trademark record downloads from the TMCH by registrars that are not matched with a completed domain name registration.
  Kathy:Should we be talking about 3 before 2?
  Amr Elsadr:Not all of these are necessarily associated with attempted domain name registrations, and there is no guarantee that if they were, that the abandonment was due to the Claims Notice, and not due to other reasons.
  Amr Elsadr:Will do, Kristine.
  Michael Graham:I do apologize for not having had the opportunity to review all the data-requests and suggest additional.  I will do so and respond and propose.  Thanks all who have been on task!
  Kathy:good idea!
  Kathy:BEcause we have all read the report
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.
  Kathy:bye all!