[Gnso-rpm-trademark] [Discussion Thread] TM Claims Q5

Dorrain, Kristine dorraink at amazon.com
Fri May 24 21:39:13 UTC 2019

Proposed language for Q5:

Generally, the WG recommends a uniform minimum duration of 90 days for Claims periods where the RO has not obtained an exemption (See Q1).  We do recommend ROs continue to be allowed to extend the Claims period (up to and including in perpetuity) if desired.  We have questions for the community in Q1 related to potential scenarios for allowing some RO business models to obtain an exemption for Claims that may or may not be based on “types” of gTLDs (an undefined term).