[gnso-rpm-wg] Suggestion for Leadership Team

Jonathan Frost jonathan at get.club
Wed Apr 13 14:59:10 UTC 2016

Hi Paul,

I had a couple of thoughts on your comments about the CHP’s role in this WG.

>>This WG is mainly concerned with the UDRP which has little impact on
contracted parties other than ensuring that domain names remain locked and
the decision is enforced.

I would caution against marginalizing the interests of the contracted
parties in the RPM WG.  Any consensus policy change that comes about as a
result of the work of this working group would be contractually binding on
the contracted parties.  The current new gTLD RPMs place significant
obligations on the contracted parties, beyond fulfillment of UDRP/URS.  For
instance, the TMCH rules have a significant impact on the day to day
operations and systems of the registries.

>>I do not believe that the task at hand necessitates a chair or vice-chair
role for the contracting parties.

While I originally suggested that the CHP should have representation, there
seems to be a pretty strong consensus among CHP participants that this group
of three potential leaders  (J. Scott, Kathy, and Phil) would do a great job
and no CHP rep would be necessary.

Best,

Jonathan