[gnso-rpm-wg] Proposed agenda for the first Working Group meeting on Thursday 21 April 2016

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Apr 20 16:15:24 UTC 2016

Dear Working Group members,

Once again, welcome to our Working Group and this most recent GNSO Policy Development Process. If you are a Member (rather than an Observer), you should have received emails and a reminder about the first call as well as call-in and virtual meeting room details. In addition, for Members and Observers who are new to a GNSO Working Group or ICANN, staff has scheduled a webinar for Tuesday 26 April, at 1900 UTC that will walk you through the various communications and online tools that GNSO Working Groups use for our work – we encourage you to attend if you are not familiar with GNSO Working Group working methods and tools. Please RSVP using this form<http://goo.gl/forms/mR4HD9XNZU> if you can attend.

Here is the proposed agenda for our first Working Group meeting scheduled for Thursday 21 April, 1500 UTC; this first meeting will be chaired by Phil Corwin, our GNSO Council liaison and interim Working Group Chair:

1. Welcome

2. Roll Call / Reminder about mandatory Statements of Interest

3. Introductions

4. Applicability of ICANN’s principles of transparency and openness to GNSO Working Groups

5. Selection of WG Leaders
- Discussion of proposal presented by Kathy Kleiman, Philip Corwin and J. Scott Evans

6. Background Briefing to this PDP
- Staff briefing on the scope of our Working Group Charter, the approach directed by the GNSO Council, and relevant GNSO processes (e.g. the PDP Manual and Working Group Guidelines)

7. Scheduling of Working Group meetings
- Discussion of frequency, duration, and time zone rotation

8. Next steps / confirm next meeting
- Preparation of draft Work Plan by Chair(s) and staff

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director