[gnso-rpm-wg] Introduction

Rudi Vansnick (NPOC) rudi.vansnick at npoc.org
Thu Apr 21 19:06:46 UTC 2016

Having spend a bit more then 10 years in ICANN, first in the ALAC community, and a few years ago moved over to NPOC in GNSO. During my ALAC period I as essentially focused on the impact of the DNS on the internet users. I had the chance to be the liaison to the ccNSO for about 2 years. Thus allowing me to understand how this community was operating.

As said, 4 years ago I moved over to NPOC as I discovered the NGO community did not really have enough power/voice in the DNS space. With the roll-out of the new GTLDs a lot NGO’s lost track of what domain name to register, what their rights for registering a domain name are. That’s one of the reasons I’ve put my name forward for this WG and always willing to assist in co-chairing specific WGs, for instance the TMCH one is of special interest to me (and perhaps also to the NGO community).

Rudi Vansnick
Chair Non-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC)
www.npoc.org <http://www.npoc.org/>