[gnso-rpm-wg] GNSO RPM Working Group Introductions/SOI

Winterfeldt, Brian J. BWinterfeldt at mayerbrown.com
Tue Mar 29 15:06:31 UTC 2016

Dear all:

I am an intellectual property attorney and partner in a large international law firm (Mayer Brown LLP), and generally divide my time between our New York and Washington DC offices.  My practice primarily focuses on domestic and international trademark law, Internet governance, and domain name matters including both brand protection and advising new gTLD registry operators (including of both .Brand and open generic new gTLDs).  Our firm is an authorized Trademark Clearinghouse agent, and we frequently represent clients in a range of industries on internet related matters, including domain name disputes, such as the UDRP and various ccTLD domain dispute processes.

I am a member of the ICANN Intellectual Property Constituency (IPC), for which I recently concluded a four year term as a GNSO Councilor, and have previously served as the IPC Treasurer.   I currently also serve on the Board of Directors of the International Trademark Association (INTA), am a member of the project team for the 2016 INTA Annual Meeting, serve as special advisor for INTA's Internet Committee and previously served four years as co-chair of INTA's Trademark Administrators Committee Internet Project Team.

I have authored and co-authored numerous articles in the fields of trademark law, domain name issues, and Internet governance, and speak frequently on these issues.

My full professional biography can be found here<https://www.mayerbrown.com/people/Brian-Winterfeldt/>, and my ICANN Statement of Interest can be found here<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Brian+Winterfeldt+SOI>.

I very much look forward to working with you all in the context of this Working Group.

Best regards,

Brian

Brian J. Winterfeldt
Co-Head of Global Brand Management and Internet Practice
Mayer Brown LLP
bwinterfeldt at mayerbrown.com<mailto:bwinterfeldt at mayerbrown.com>
1999 K Street, NW<x-apple-data-detectors://2/2>
Washington, DC  20006-1101<x-apple-data-detectors://2/2>
202.263.3284<tel:202.263.3284> direct dial
202.830.0330<tel:202.830.0330> fax

1221 Avenue of the Americas<x-apple-data-detectors://3/0>
New York, New York  10020-1001<x-apple-data-detectors://3/0>
212.506.2345<tel:212.506.2345> direct dial